Client Relationship Manager
MartianCraft has an exciting opportunity for someone that enjoys working directly with an enterprise client and help them grow while finding success within the software division of the client. The perfect role for a true people-person who loves to be the excited person in the room helping people visualize technology solutions to their business needs.
The Client Partner is responsible for providing both strategic and tactical leadership across large scale engagements. The Client Partner is able to identify a client’s business needs and work with both the client and MartianCraft teams to understand, define, and build effective and innovative solutions that generate measurable results. The Client Partner is as much a leader as they are a communicator and mentor.
The role will work in Houston directly with our client’s teams as well MartianCraft’s remote teams. The ability to navigate complex organizations, read between the lines and hear what is not being said is at the core of this role. An ability to solicit information and facilitate its transfer consistently and correctly across the various project communication channels is a key skill of any successful Client Partner. Contributing to MartianCraft behaviors, you will thrive when faced with new challenges and will constantly strive to improve the way things are done for our client.
- Responsible for the organic growth, development of relationships with senior clients and leadership of cross-functional teams to deliver impactful outputs that drive our client’s businesses forward
- Consistently identify needs that the client may not recognize and ensure that approaches and solutions are linked to objectives and future needs
- Contribute to and defend creative and strategic work that meets or transforms our client’s business and needs
- Responsible for developing overall engagement and growth strategies, working with discipline leads and project teams to execute on plans, involving people at optimal levels to maximize utilization targets
- Expand contacts with key client executives and maintain strong post-engagement relationships, as well as introduce new opportunities accordingly while providing meaningful contribution to new business
- Participate in strategic development of new business through identification, pursuit and conversion of additional opportunities for the client
- Work in conjunction with the internal client team in Houston to effectively manage account profitability by negotiating statements of work and ensuring work is delivered on budget
- Work with the Delivery team to effectively and efficiently plan and prioritize all deliverables and resources working across the account based on engagement strategy and work contracted
- Contribute to internal communications both on the client side and on the MartianCraft side that is celebrated throughout
- Located in the Houston, TX region. Relocation packages available for exceptional candidates
- A background in project management, software development, or software design
- Seasoned in a client services organization, on accounts within a top tier agency or consulting firm for at least 5+ years
- Proven ability to grow long term, large scale engagements with multiple project tracks and teams while anticipating, defusing and resolving any conflict effectively
- Proven ability to manage and set client expectations through the understanding of the client’s business, whatever market sector, and ability to discuss professionally with the client
- Deep understanding and awareness of aligning consumer goals and business goals
- Ability to build a team, mentor and effectively manage through proactively addressing performance issues and taking appropriate action
- Must have strong presentation skills, with the ability to conceive, prepare, author and give key presentations to clients and large numbers of people, as well as manage question-and-answer sessions
- Deep understanding of team utilization and project allocation, and their relationship to overall client profitability
This is a full-time employment position with a full benefits package including medical/dental/vision/Rx insurance, paid time off, and a 401(k).