Big Data Engineer
MartianCraft has been helping Fortune 500 companies and startups build the latest and greatest software for nearly 20 years. We have built a remote first company from day one to find and retain the best possible engineering and design talent across the United States.
We now have an opportunity to join and grow one of our newer divisions inside of MartianCraft, Big Data. Join our growing team of engineers bringing Big Data Engineering services to our world renowned clients. Work in a fast pace and cutting edge environment from the comfort of your own home with industry leading benefits and employee perks. This is a full time W2 remote first position.
At this time we cannot sponsor any visas. You must be located within the United States, the United Kingdom, or Canada to be considered for this remote position. Agencies and recruiters will not be considered.
- Design and build advanced big data systems
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Work with outside data sources, teams, and APIs
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Work on bugs and improve performance
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- Work with clients to collaborate on best practices and approaches
- Help build and grow a new division
- 6+ years of big data development experience
- 8+ years of software development experience
- Experience with some mix of Python, Oracle, SingleStore (formerly MemSQL), - MongoDB, ElasticSearch, or similar technologies
- Experience with processing data with python
- Strong familiarity with RDBMS concepts
- Linux, Unix, and Docker experience a plus
Preferential Skills & Experience
- Past remote work experience
- Previous small team experience
- Software consulting or freelancing experience
- Knowledge of mobile development
- Full medical, dental, vision, and prescription insurance
- Remote first for nearly 20 years workplace
- Flextime scheduling
- 401(k) with match
- Unlimited vacation
- Paid sick time and parental leave
- Life Insurance
- Fitness Stipend
- Continuing Education Perks
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage underrepresented groups to apply.
US based only, travel to client sites inside of the US may be required 1-3 times per year as required by our client. This is a full time position, we also offer 1099 contract positions for the same job. Ready for immediate start.