MartianCraft has an exciting opportunity for a Java developer with experience in building high-performing, scalable, enterprise-grade applications and producing real time apps that have a direct impact on the users.
We are looking for a smart and experienced Java engineer to work with MartianCraft’s team of senior developers. This is a 1099 contractor, remote work opportunity—MartianCraft is a fully remote company. There is a possibility of moving to W2 for good long term fits.You must thrive in a fast-moving work environment, be able to adapt to changes quickly, anticipate business needs, and be effective with minimal structure and process. The broad range of applications and team members makes excellent communication skills a priority.
- Develops and maintains dynamic object oriented eCommerce application code with a strong emphasis on J2EE architectures and patterns
- Design and develop applications for reliability, security, manageability, scalability, extensibility, performance and re-use
- Provide technical expertise in the areas of architecture, design, and implementation
- Work with technical and business team members to create excellent software
- Determines the best implementation that will meet the design of the Application Architect
- Ensures that thorough unit and component testing is carried out
- Sets and adheres to software coding and style guides to ensure consistency
- Performs code reviews to ensure consistency to style standards and code quality
- At least 5 years of software development experience.
- 3+ years Java/J2ee and distributed systems development experience
- Able to quickly become familiar with large, complex code bases
- In-depth understanding of other Java technologies including Servlets, JSP, JDBC, and other J2EE technologies
- Familiarity with XML, XSD, and XSL
- Object oriented design experience, experience applying design patterns, and UML familiarity is essential.
- Hands-on SQL/RDBMS experience, Oracle strongly preferred.
- Full lifecycle development experience on large projects, creating distributed and scalable eCommerce systems.
- Experience in developing and driving SOA strategies within large enterprises and deploying SOA implementations to production strongly preferred.
- Hands on experience with Agile methodologies
- Past experience working remotely
- Excellent proactive verbal and written communication skills
- Able to collaborate effectively with teams
- Able to deliver high quality work under tight deadlines
Candidates must be North America based, and able to travel to client location(s) when travel restrictions are lifted and it is deemed safe.
This is a 1099 contract employment position wholly dependent on client acceptance of qualified candidates.